Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Filling in lunchtime

I've been tagged, which is a thing The Kids do, and thus makes me feel very much more as though I were 15 instead of my actual creaking 37. And it's a boring lunchtime so this will fill ten minutes nicely. Thanks John.

These are the rules:

1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write in their own blog about their eight things and include these rules in the post.
4. At the end of your post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

And these are the facts:

1. I can remember a stylised version of a visit to my great gran's nursing home, made when I was around two. The memory involves massive fluted columns and beams of dust filtered sunlight, whereas the reality apparently majored heavily in wallpaper with Grecian pillars on it and one very high, dirty skylight.

2. I think James Bolam's performance in series 4 of When the Boat Comes In is the finest ever seen on UK television.

3. Eating bananas causes blisters to appear in my mouth. So I don't eat them.

4. I consider Elvis doing 'Suspicious Minds' to be the greatest song of all time.

5. I harbour a secret belief that I could write a very funny sketch based radio comedy, but as only Scott seems to find me sufficiently funny, that may well be a pipe dream.

6. I own so many books that I now have to store boxes and boxes full of them in the attics of friends and family.

7. I always cry (in a moist-eyed yet manly way) at the end of It's a Wonderful Life.

8. I sunburned my face so badly at the weekend while going to Loudon Castle with the family that my entire face is now bright red and peeling unattractively.

As for the eight people, well how about these (with the proviso that I won't leave a comment on their blogs pointing this out to them and will quite understand if they don't need a Work Avoidance Meme right now*)?

Tim
Ross
Phil
Simon
Scott
Mark C
Ian
Mark M

* Though given that I know that at least three of them are on Facebook, they obviously are not averse to wasting time on t'internet

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger SAF said...

Ooer, is there like a time limit for this? A key problem I'd have is that most of the folks I know with blogs who I could tag are already on your list. :)

1:45 pm  
Blogger Stuart Douglas said...

I don't suppose anyone will come round and break your legs if you take your time (or don't bother at all, for that matter).

Of course I'm not saying that that definitely won't happen, just that I don't suppose it will.

How lucky do you feel? :-)

12:35 pm  
Blogger SAF said...

Lol. Well, if it's you who does the leg-breaking, I'll consider myself fairly safe. It's a long trip down to Cornwall, and I'm not sure any sadistic pleasure you'd get out of it would be worth the train ride :)

1:39 pm  
Blogger alienvoord said...

thanks for playing!

5:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home