Saturday, March 26, 2005

This is *so* exciting

Having remained only quietly excited by the new series of Doctor Who until now, I'm afraid that I have succumbed to a level of anticipation only previously seen at the births of my children and the time Santa was bringing me a telescope when I was seven.

And so, in spite of the fact that I think the aliens look like evil muppets, the TARDIS interior resembles something rather scruffy from an achingly earnest Russian sf film, that I'm not overly keen on the work of most of the writers and Eccleston and Russell T Davies constantly say exactly what I don't want to hear about the show, I have just agreed that J can spend tens of thousands of pounds extending our kitchen about a mile into the back garden in return for her taking the kids out between 7.00 and 7.45pm for the next thirteen Saturday evenings.

Because when all's said and done, I'm actually expecting to be enormously pleasantly surprised by it all, for everything to work in spite of my reservations and - most importantly of all - I just can't see how the first new cliffhanger in 16 years can fail to be, well, wonderful.
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You didn't ermm, copy it by any chance? I was working and missed it. I cant take the mickey out it if I aint seen it now can I?

7:05 pm  
Blogger Stuart Douglas said...

(cough)bittorrent(cough)

(and then buy the DVD when it comes out)

7:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home