Monday, November 19, 2007

Timey Wimey Crashy Stuff

Ach, I don't care if the 'You were MY Doctor' line shot the carefully constructed canonisation of Time Crash out of the water: it was lovely. Genuinely funny jokes, David Tennant obviously over-joyed to be acting alongside the Fifth Doctor and Peter Davison acting as though he never left (weight issues aside obviously*). Steven Moffat really is very, very good at this kind of thing.

In other TV news from this weekend, I thought the latest Robin Hood was excellent. There's a definite feeling of character development in Hood, with Robin now willing to kill both individually (the death of the crooked Canon) and en masse (the slaughter by Hood's gang of the entirety of Guy's entourage was very unexpected) which reflects the change in the gang engendered by Alan's treachery. I also liked the fact that Guy (or 'Gis' as Alan amusingly calls him) remains a more subtle character than anyone else in current genre TV and the way that the deliberately anachronistic costuming outdid itself this week with all the Hoodies in dusty cowboy gear.

* Davison, I am informed, was wearing Colin Baker's trousers from the end of Caves of Androzani, fact fans
Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger bebet said...

I like your assessment on the latest RH episode (Show me the Money). It is my favorite so far including Series 1.

They promised a darker season and they have held on to their word.

Jonas Armstrong is a wonderful Robin Hood. I like his darker side. Of course, in this past episode his loving side was very heartwarming too.

I loved the change in clothes for the Gang. Give me a man in a cowboy hat anyday of the week.

Bebet
Dallas, Texas

6:16 pm  
Blogger TimeWarden said...

Nice of you to include a link to my review, Stuart. Much appreciated.

3:59 am  
Blogger SAF said...

Totally agree with you on Time Crash. Other New Who could do with being that entertaining. Or at least, as an achievable alternative, that short ;)

7:26 pm  
Blogger Stuart Douglas said...

SAF: "Or at least, as an achievable alternative, that short ;)

lol :)

12:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home