Monday, October 31, 2005

How Terribly Strange to be...

...36 today, which I can officially say is one of the real bummer ages to be.

Where 35 is a cool age and still sounds closer to 30 than 40 (even though it's not) 36 is undeniably the age of someone shooting towards an age which - when I was about 8 - I remember clearly thinking was middle-age. Complete baldness (unfortunate in view of my too large, 'can't get a hat to fit' head) and enormous beer belly (as opposed to current just large beer belly) can't be far behind.

And it's just struck me that as only one of my grandparetnts made it past 60, never mind 70, so I'm almost certainly more than half way through my life. Bugger, frankly.

On the plus side, I got a Citizen Smith top, John Peel's autobiography and a Darwin Fish car plaque, plus £50 with which to buy a DivX DVD player. And I've yet to get pressies from J which should include the Shooting Scripts from Season 28 of Doctor Who (alright, Season 1 if you must) amongst other book-based goodies.

Maybe it's not that bad being 36, after all...
Bookmark and Share

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Happy birthday mate.

I'll pop round soon.

2:36 am  
Blogger Philip said...

Small world (or at least, world with a fairly limited calendar). Today's my birthday.

I'm "only" 34, though, so I guess I can carry on deceiving myself that middle age, baldness and beerbelliage can be staved off for a short while yet...

1:59 pm  
Blogger Stuart Douglas said...

Ross - Will you pop round with a present though (cough - Amazon Wish List - cough)?

Phil - Given your claims to have lost half your body weight or something, I think beerbelliage may well be something you just see and criticise on other people in pubs :)

10:10 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is either hilarious or pathetic, depending on how you look at it, but as a kid (I'm American, keep in mind) I thought John Peel-the-famous-DJ and John Peel-the-really-bad-Who-author were one in the same.

6:34 am  
Blogger Stuart Douglas said...

And without wishing to be unkind to the author of War of the Daleks, the tragedy is that the talented Peel died first...

9:31 am  
Blogger Divemaster GranDad said...

A belated Happy Birthday, Stuart. Hope you got all your goodies and added some to the beerbelly.

1:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home